Saturday, December 11, 2010

Send in the Clowns

Today is CD7 and I am loving it!

Apparently construction has started on the circus tent that is to be housed in my uterus. I can feel the twinges and pangs and while it makes me a bit anxious, it also excites me to no end. All I keep thinking is - "I'm building you a new home, baby!"

I should have posted yesterday, but I just was not feeling up to the challenge. Yesterday was the day for me to make my final donor selection and I was heartbroken when I found out that my #1 choice was out. As was my #2. #3 was no longer listed because he was also out, so at this point I was almost in tears with the poor person at the lab. Finally I went through my old donor favorite list I had printed out and found one that I had mistakenly deleted off the list. (I remember when I did it, I told myself to re-add him, but I forget to do to.) I asked for him and was told that he was in.

The thing is, it wasn't that he was my fourth choice. I believe that, in reality, he was my first choice. As I went back through and read and saw his picture I wondered why he hadn't been my first choice.

So I've taken what I had initially believed to be a negative and seen it for what it really is - an incredible positive. It is apparent that HE was meant to be the one.

I'm moving forward, so excited about my upcoming IUI and hoping and believing that I will get that BFP for New Year's!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, he WAS meant to be the one!! How exciting!
    I can't believe they allow you to see pictures of your donor? They don't allow that here, only standardised demographics, medical history and personality profile. I guess because NZ is so small, it is very possible that you may recognise your "anonymous" donor. (I have a known donor in case you haven't read that post). Fingers are crossed for New Year's BFP :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete